Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Buyer Risk Manager role sits within the Global Payments, Billing and Risk Organization and reports to the Senior Manager of Buyer Risk Management. The mission of the Buyer Risk Management team is to enable eBay’s strategic priorities by protecting our customer accounts from unauthorized access and having zero tolerance for buyers who intend to defraud or take advantage of eBay sellers while maintaining a healthy payments ecosystem.
We are looking for an Buyer Risk Manager to challenge and refine existing policies or define new risk controls to prevent fraudulent transactions working in close partnership with multiple business partners across eBay’s business. Manage all angles of fraud detection and prevention globally resulting fraudulent transactions across eBay account transaction lifecycle (includes login, buying, payment, account level changes and other account access channels). You will do this through data-driven insights and a creative mindset with emphasis on customer experience and automation.
- Responsible for a set of key performance indicators for your area of domain; ensure monitoring and reporting exists to measure against targets set
- Ongoing evaluation and effectiveness of risk controls (rules, step-up authentication methods, models, vendor solutions, data availability) using data driven insights
- Analyze and stay current with new trends, shifts in attack patterns or pressure in KPIs and lead cross-functional teams to investigate and understand root cause further using this to take needed counter-measures to mitigate
- Creatively challenge the strength of existing risk controls to identify gaps/product bugs
- Identify and build business cases for new policy and/or product development needs
- Collaborate with a variety of teams globally to align on proposed strategies or policies to ensure does not conflict with overall business direction and values; adjust plans as needed.
- Participate and represent Risk in projects led by other business units across eBay that may have risk implications. This may involve writing business requirements, and working with product and cross-functional teams to ensure successful roll-out
- Act as a subject-matter expert on all matters under ATO when escalations arise
- Network with others in the industry and social/news media outlets to stay abreast of outside pressures and trends
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 6+ years of experience in fraud prevention/management or security in an online customer facing environment
- Proven strategic thinking skills and ability to generate high-impact, new ideas and seeing ideas from conception through Product Development to market launch and acceptance
- Ability to lead cross functional teams of various management levels to support decisions needed to execute any plan
- Experience operating in a fast pace, rapid change environment where matrix reporting and reliance on others is the norm to get things done. Proven results of balancing due diligence while delivering fast outcomes that reduce future threats.
- Knowledge or experience in using industry proven fraud prevention products and tools
- Strong analytical skills in which can leverage large sets of data to guide decisions that have a good balance between customer impact and reducing fraud exposure
- Excellent command of SQL or Teradata, Tableau, R or SAS
- Practical experience in using scripting languages or programming (Python/HIVE…) to analyze large datasets a plus but not required
- Prior experience in risk/fraud management or payments a plus but not required
- Prior experience in strategy, business/corporate development and/or consulting a plus
- Communicate at all levels and capable of writing business requirements and presentations
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.