Under general direction of the Director - Procurement, responsible for managing the inventory for AmerisourceBergen Distribution Centers for assigned suppliers while maximizing customer service levels and minimizing inventory investment. Recommends and contributes to improve strategies in relation to various contracts, programs and agreements resulting in increased value for AmerisourceBergen. Coordinating and managing Buyer Assistant day to day responsibilities. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of the Buyer Assistants, tracks and monitors daily attendance and overtime.
- Responsible for obtaining materials/goods from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Takes ownership for system forecasts based on historical demand or new customer requirements.
- Partners with suppliers daily and acts as an advocate for AmerisourceBergen interests relative to suppliers' actions and policies.
- Develops new solutions to various tactical challenges ABC faces as it relates to procuring product, supplier and distribution center relations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Suppliers and Distribution Centers to achieve and maintain the established Service Level objective. Supports special Customer Accounts, such as large Retail Chains or GPO Hospitals.
- Responsible for pricing issues and reconciling invoice discrepancies while working in conjunction with Suppliers, Accounting, Accounts Payable and the Distribution Centers.
- Manages Inventory levels by maintaining service levels, but preventing the purchase of non-productive inventory. Works closely with Suppliers and Distribution Centers to move any non-productive inventory.
- Generates profit enhancing opportunities such as deals, rebates, allowances, new item purchases and promotional activities for the assigned suppliers.
- Manages several contracts, programs and supplier agreements resulting in increased value for both AmerisourceBergen and its customers.
- May manage suppliers as related to AmerisourceBergen's commitment for the Category Management initiative.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Makes strategic decisions to find solutions to increase AmerisourceBergen's profitability.
- Able to mentor and train other employees.
Performs related duties as assigned.Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. A degree in Supply Management or Supply Chain logistics preferred. Normally requires (3-5) years related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of fundamental concepts, principles, practices and procedures in Procurement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of ABC policies, programs & services and products
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership and staff development skills.
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP software preferred
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.