The BWSI (Building Wide System Integration) Program Manager is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business with Johnson Controls. Due to our tremendous growth in our BWSI business we are adding this position to our team. This person will work out of our downtown Milwaukee, WI offices. Will supervise 4 smart building pre-sales project development engineers focused on building system controls, security, fire and IT solutions. Ideal candidate will come from our industry with integration experience. Come join our growing team!
Under general direction, this role leads, develops, measures, executes and manages the Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI) Integration Program Management function for Systems & Service North America SSNA Direct.
The Building Wide Systems Integration strategy is a key growth strategy for Johnson Controls' Building Efficiency business. We have significant opportunity to grow secured volume, expand margins and increase "blue" product market share. In addition, increase our share of the customer's wallet by developing and implementing technology solutions that link building, Information Technology/Business Systems and Specialty systems into a single converged
network to achieve our customers' desired business outcomes. Our BWSI solutions will reduce our customers' capital and operating costs and improve the functionality of the building by providing an intelligent communications network to exchange data, automate actions and provide critical information required to optimize systems and people performance throughout the life cycle of the building. The ability to innovate through JCI products, sales teaming, delivery methods, offerings and ecosystem partners will be essential to short-term and long-term success in this role. One of our key BWSI go-to-market strategies is to leverage specialty systems integration to blue products in order to increase account & relationship access, IT credibility and significantly grow our scope of work & client value.
1. Results Oriented: Responsible for coaching and driving BWSI North America plan volume and margin results on a monthly basis.
2. Future Growth: Grows and maintains the BWSI pipeline by 5X the un-factored volume plan number and 1.5X margin plan numbers.
3. Deal Innovation: The Integration Program Manager (IPM) will be responsible for identifying customer needs (via the assigned sales lead and/or BWSI Regional team members) and outcomes in current deals that can be addressed through cost effective integrated offerings. The IPM will be responsible for guiding and validating the solution to meet these needs and ensuring a seamless handoff to the assigned operational team. The IPM will work with a variety of internal and external resources to achieve this result.
4. BWSI Knowledge Database: The IPM will be responsible for developing and maintaining a BWSI Knowledge Database that is easily accessed by all sales resources. The BWSI Knowledge Database will include integration descriptions by vertical market, building & business outcomes, hard & soft dollar savings, applications framework, solution topology, design specifications, budgetary pricing, BBPs, etc.
5. Partner: with the BWSI EcoSystem Manager, the IPM will develop joint offerings that extend the value of Johnson Controls core Offerings
6. Subject Matter Expert (SME): areas of focus, just to name a few of many items: top 80 sales opportunities (TASP), Customer Showcases presenter, manage and oversee customer showcase facilities, etc.
7. Coordination: IPM will Interface with the BE Enterprise Optimization Software team to architect and validate defined outcomes are met for BWSI projects.
8. Thought Leadership: whitepaper creation, blogs, industry speaking engagements, lunch & learns, etc.
9. Reporting & Cadence: Contributes to the development and presentation of the Monthly North America BWSI Sales and Operation Report to Leadership.
10. Talent Development: Achieves all Learning & Development certification goals based on defined due dates.
11. Technical Evangelism: The IPM will be responsible for evangelizing the benefits of BWSI to internal and external customers. The IPM will work directly with MARCOM in order to oversee the production of necessary sales & marketing tools for both internal and external communication; that positions Johnson Controls as the BWSI Market leader.
12. PDE Program Support: This role will support the BWSI PDE Program Manager with specific integration offering training and support.
13. Program Management Office: This role is a key member of the Building Wide Systems Integration Program Management Team and will participate on special projects designed to support the overall business as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in Building Systems, Information Technologies, Solutions Integration, Networks/Communications, Software, Services and/or Consulting.
3. Business Acumen:
a. Communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills
b. Analytical ability: able to analyze market data and customer business needs and translate those requirements into integrated technology partnerships and solutions to support our customer's mission
c. Financial skills: experience with creating and delivering solution sets that drive customers' ROI and the ability to quantify TCO
4. Organizational agility: Knows how to work horizontally and vertically within both Johnson Controls and external organizations to achieve desired results
5. People Skills: People oriented; Able to convey value of BWSI and inspire support internally and externally for integration solutions.
6. Industry knowledge: Possesses the industry technical knowledge to support developing integrated technology partnerships and solutions will support Johnson Controls growth strategies. Program Management: understands the
processes required to develop and take the BWSI solution to market through our Branch organization, MP AEs, PDEs and sales leaders to successfully coordinate with the internal to ensure the success of the BWSI strategy
7. Technical Skills/Education
a) Experience in Information Technology, with solid background in systems integration, technology architecture, and/or solution delivery, actively engaged in design, and technical leadership
b) Building Automation: Solid working knowledge of Building Automation Software, to include but not limited to integration, data sharing, and platform deployment.
c) System Design: Knowledge of system design procedures and ability to translate functional requirements into architectural processes to meet clients' needs that also meets all relevant company standards.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.