BWSI Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer I - Fire Integration (Virtual)
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois
Posted: October 13, 2017
Reference ID: WD30038628279
What you will do
The BWSI (Building Wide System Integration) team focuses on developing converged solutions, comprised of business/information technology and specialty systems, which complement Johnson Controls' core building systems.
The BWSI team provides the missing "technology" piece and supports the branch channel's efforts to identify, propose, sell and deliver new construction; prime retrofit and technology refresh scopes of work. We help sales deliver Internet of Things (IoT) outcomes through systems integration, design-assist, and converged technology solutions, producing smarter buildings.
In this role, the BWSI Project Development Engineer/ Project Development Technical Specialist ensures proactive sales engineering design, development and profitable growth of Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI), which falls into three main categories: Building, Business, and Specialty Systems.
This role will be specifically focused on providing integration expertise for one or more of the following technical domains: Information and Business systems, Building Automation Systems, Life Safety Systems, and Physical Security Systems.
The scope of this role will stretch across all vertical markets and lines of business in your assigned geography.
How you will do it
You will be supporting the BWSI sales engagements in a fast pace, team - oriented sales environment. Multi-tasks across numerous sales engagements by providing integration support within the discovery, verify, present/propose and close stages of the Johnson Controls sales process with credibility and passion. This position will be Fire Integration specialty.
1. You will act as the subject matter expert, on your assigned opportunities, for integrated BWSI Solutions. Supports and designs building, business, and specialty solutions that require an IT Infrastructure and/or integration.
2. Leads portions of the presentation to the C-level or economic client as needed by presenting the scope of work and functional demonstrations for integrated BWSI solutions.
3. Develop a strategic vision for technology platforms that enables the broader vision for IT, business, and building systems.
4. Support sales teams during their engagements to better understand the key stakeholders / influencers and their business needs.
5. Actively consult JCI customers during architecture reviews.
6. Builds and maintains credibility and trust across management and business partners.
7. Performs site surveys and walk-through of customer facilities/networks to further assist sales and engineering efforts. Meets and interacts with customer facility, business, and IT staff for the purpose of gathering information for sales and engineering efforts.
8. Identify build vs. buy strategies and determine commonalities between business teams and businesses to define and recommend common solutions.
9. Reviews the proposed solution designs with the estimating team, sales team and appropriate operations team to obtain mutual agreement.
10. Advises the sales team in operational reviews of BWSI projects for final solution, costing estimate and operational risk assessment.
Design and Deliverable Development
11. Partners with the sales team to develop a scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflows, use case, etc. to support a compelling winning solution.
12. Responsible for evaluating the as-is state architecture specification and designing the to-be state application specifications for JCI clients.
13. Responsible for assisting in the design of the transition architecture roadmap.
14. Design solutions for performance, fault tolerance, security and reusable patterns.
15. Develop and deliver Building, Business and Specialty System integration blueprints using BWSI methodologies and best practices.
16. Defining logical architecture for to-be integration roadmaps that align with a Client's strategic business roadmaps.
17. Responsible for learning and documenting our Client's current system environments and capabilities.
Scaling the Business
18. Assists in training employees, on your assigned opportunities, on the basics of Integrations and other key BWSI solutions, ensuring that the sales and operations teams understand our solutions and how to address customers' needs.
19. Mentor and coach team members to expand their awareness of JCI's integration approach.
Experience with at least one of the following areas:
• Building Automation Systems
• Life Safety
• Physical Security
• Information Systems (can be from the following domains: infrastructure, application development, system design or database)
What we look for
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Minimum of six years-experience as a system designer, consulting engineer, consultative solution architect, or enterprise architect in one of the following four domains: Information and Business systems, Building Automation Systems, Life Safety Systems, and/or Physical Security Systems. this position will be focused on Fire Integration.
Applicable certifications preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving, and the ability to be a highly effective team member is required. Must be comfortable presenting and developing relationships with customers. Must be willing to travel 40% (2 days per week /avg.)
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com