BWSI (Building Wide System Integration) Project Development Engineer is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. We are seeking a seasoned Project Development Engineer to assist with developing and designing networking and low voltage construction Projects. Such projects will include designing nurse call systems, video, patient wandering system. Projects for healthcare, government, school system markets. Looking for someone who has strong technical skills to handle the front end of the project. Need strong experience with putting together scopes of work, solicit subcontractor quotes, RFP's, budgets, designs, estimates and pricing information for our customer. RCDD, cabling, AV a big plus. Can work home based out of this region: Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV or Denver, CO. Must travel to customer site as needed.
Leads a development team on large, complex, high-risk projects. Supports sales teams by identifying opportunities and serving as technical expert. Conducts needs assessment of potential customers. Leads engineering, process, and / or financial tasks during project development. RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
Under general direction, ensures proactive sales engineering design, development and profitable growth of Network Integration Solutions (NIS), which falls into three main categories: Network Infrastructure, Integration and IT & Communication Applications design. Support sales across all vertical markets and lines of business in the assigned region. Bundled offers to include technology contracting bundling of NIS and standalone NIS sales engagements in a fast pace, team - oriented sales environment. Multi-tasks across numerous sales engagements by providing engineering support within the discovery, verify, present/propose and close stages of the Johnson Controls sales process with credibility and passion. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Provides support as the regional subject matter expert for all NIS Solutions. Supports and designs building automation and physical security solutions that require an IT Infrastructure and/or integration.
- Partners with the sales team to conduct a needs assessment of customer requirements, critical areas, needs and budget.
- Partners with the sales team to develop a scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflow, business case, etc. to support a compelling winning solution.
- Performs site surveys and walk-through of customer facilities/networks to further assist sales and engineering efforts. Meets and interacts with customer IT staff for the purpose of gathering information for sales and engineering efforts.
- Manages proposal activities, such as Request for Proposal/Information (RFP), (RFI), renewals and re-bids by providing edits and reviews of written solution plans and requirements. Manages proposal process, including working with Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Proposal Development.
- Provides scope definition and systems development assistance for outside partners and suppliers, electrical subcontractors and VARs including; scope, terms and conditions, bid forms, and contract reviews.
- Supports training for regional personnel on NIS estimating tool sets. Updates region estimating team on current processes, tools and material pricing.
- Reviews the proposed solution designs with the estimating team, sales team and appropriate operations team to obtain mutual agreement.
- Leads portions of the presentation to the C-level or economic client as needed by presenting the scope of work and functional demonstrations for all NIS solutions.
- Assists in training regional employees on the basics of wired and wireless Networks, Integrations and other key NIS application solutions, ensuring that the sales and operation teams understand our solutions and how to address customers' needs.
- Represents the sales team in operational reviews of NIS projects for final solution, costing estimate and operational risk assessment.
- Works as a liaison with the Regional Sales Manager - NIS and the National NIS Program Development Manager to ensure the latest best practices are incorporated within the client solutions.
- Visits or spends time on customer project sites to assist and troubleshoot network related issues pertaining to NIS as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience. MBA highly desirable. Minimum of twelve years of experience in Engineering in the areas of LAN/WAN architecture, wireless, integration, IT & Communication. RCDD and cabling preferred. Cisco and AV a big plus.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.