The BWSI Project Dev Sales Engineer is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our growth we are adding this position to our team. We are seeking a seasoned Sales Engineer to assist with developing and designing networking and low voltage system Projects. An example would be a healthcare project which we would design nurse call systems, video, patient wandering system. We support projects in healthcare, government, school systems, stadiums, arena markets, etc. Need strong experience with cabling, routers, switches. Put together budgets, designs and pricing information for our customer. RCDD, cabling, AV, and Cisco preferred.
The BWSI (Building Wide System Integration) team focuses on developing converged solutions, comprised of business/information technology and specialty systems, which complement Johnson Controls' core building systems.
The BWSI team provides the missing "technology" piece and supports the branch channel's efforts to identify, propose, sell and deliver new construction; prime retrofit and technology refresh scopes of work. We help sales deliver Internet of Things (IoT) outcomes through systems integration, design-assist, and converged technology solutions, producing smarter buildings.
In this role, the BWSI Project Development Sales Engineer ensures proactive sales engineering design, development and profitable growth of Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI), which falls into three main categories: Building, Business, and Specialty Systems.
1. You will act as the subject matter expert, on your assigned opportunities, for integrated BWSI Solutions. Supports and designs building, business, and specialty solutions that require an IT Infrastructure and/or integration.
2. Leads portions of the presentation to the C-level or economic client as needed by presenting the scope of work and functional demonstrations for integrated BWSI solutions.
3. Develop a strategic vision for technology platforms that enables the broader vision for IT, business, and building systems.
4. Support sales teams during their engagements to better understand the key stakeholders / influencers and their business needs.
5. Actively consult JCI customers during architecture reviews.
6. Builds and maintains credibility and trust across management and business partners.
7. Performs site surveys and walk-through of customer facilities/networks to further assist sales and engineering efforts. Meets and interacts with customer facility, business, and IT staff for the purpose of gathering information for sales and engineering efforts.
8. Identify build vs. buy strategies and determine commonalities between business teams and businesses to define and recommend common solutions.
9. Reviews the proposed solution designs with the estimating team, sales team and appropriate operations team to obtain mutual agreement.
10. Advises the sales team in operational reviews of BWSI projects for final solution, costing estimate and operational risk assessment.
Design and Deliverable Development
11. Partners with the sales team to develop a scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflows, use case, etc. to support a compelling winning solution.
12. Responsible for evaluating the as-is state architecture specification and designing the to-be state application specifications for JCI clients.
13. Responsible for assisting in the design of the transition architecture roadmap.
14. Design solutions for performance, fault tolerance, security and reusable patterns.
15. Develop and deliver Building, Business and Specialty System integration blueprints using BWSI methodologies and best practices.
16. Defining logical architecture for to-be integration roadmaps that align with a Client's strategic business roadmaps.
17. Responsible for learning and documenting our Client's current system environments and capabilities.
Scaling the Business
18. Assists in training employees, on your assigned opportunities, on the basics of Integrations and other key BWSI solutions, ensuring that the sales and operations teams understand our solutions and how to address customers' needs.
19. Mentor and coach team members to expand their awareness of JCI's integration approach.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience. Minimum of eight years experience in Engineering & Sales Engineering in the areas of LAN/WAN architecture, wireless, integration, IT & Communication applications and structure cabling.
Industry certifications a plus in: Network design, engineering & management, wireless, communication systems and Operating Systems. RCDD, Cisco and AV a big plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving, and the ability to be a highly effective team member is required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.