Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
The Equity Derivatives Practice Area Group provides technology to support flow, exotic and securitized equity derivative trades as well as equity swaps trades from inception to maturity, covering pre-trade and post trade activities. Pre-trade functionality includes product structuring, price discovery, pricing, and request-for-quote. Post-trade functionality includes the capture of trade and market events, maintaining intraday risk positions, analyzing risk scenarios and providing risk reports.
Our team's main business area is the over-the-counter (OTC) or off-exchange trading. Our applications typically consist of a user interface written in C#, a bi-temporal relational database and a set of loosely coupled backend processes written in Java, C and Scala. We use latest technologies and development methods in our projects to ensure high code quality and shortest delivery cycles.
The team in New York is one of the biggest with about 60 developers of 200 people distributed around the globe. Our typical day is a mix of communication, planning, design, development, production support and testing. We work closely together with other teams globally to resolve complex and exciting business or technology challenges.
- Communicate with end users and business analysts to gather requirements and demonstrate proposed solutions.
- Plan, estimate and design ? usually as part of a group.
- Develop features from little tweaks to many man-week roadmap items. This includes not only the implementation of the core functionality but also creation and execution of automated unit and behavioral tests.
- Create test plans and test scripts to be used by testers or business analysts.
- Administer development tasks to provide transparency for management.
- Established hands-on standard C# knowledge
- Previous experience of Unix/Linux
- Experience of basic SQL
- Experience of software development life-cycle
- Experience of WPF development or asynchronous programming in C#
- Knowledge of UI design tools
- Experience of some scripting language (i.e. Perl, Python)
- Previous exposure to JVM languages such as Java or Scala
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.