CAD Engineer (R&D) Job Description
Come and join the Technology and Manufacturing Group
! We are looking for individuals interested in developing solutions to enable high-accuracy interconnect modeling on Intel's cutting edge technology. The member will be part of a team that covers capacitance and resistance modeling, interconnect extraction, parasitic extraction, and validation of RC results.Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working with Intel's technology group to understand and model existing and future technology features related to the interconnect.
- Working with multiple EDA companies to co-develop extraction solutions that will be used both internally and as part of Intel's foundry program
- Creating new extraction techniques to address upcoming technology features not yet handled in existing industry extraction tools; and/or validating existing extraction solutions against models and measured data.
The candidate will work closely with other members of the team, internal project teams, Intel's technology groups and as a member of a software group, the candidate is expected to create high-quality software/flows, work with multiple developers, and follow software design practices.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- At least 1 year experience in C and/or C .
- Minimum of 6 months experience/university research in electromagnetics, parasitic extraction, or device physics.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Perl, TCL, Python)
- Experience with various solvers (e.g. Raphael, HFSS, FastHenry, QuickCap, university-developed tools)
- Experience in extraction flows using popular extraction solutions is plus, as is knowledge of popular 2D and 3D electromagnetic packages
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.