This opening is with Arconic, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets.
This position will be located at the Arconic Power and Propulsion Research Center located in Whitehall, MI. The CAD/Development Technician will work closely with engineers and tooling designers to facilitate design and fabrication of complex wax pattern dies, core dies, and other fixtures. Additional responsibilities may include assisting engineers to complete tasks (e.g. inspection, layout, data analysis) in order to complete R&D or customer-based projects.
For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com/ Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years continuous work experience.
- Successfully meet the standardized TABE testing requirements. If applicant possesses a minimum of an associate degree, testing is not required.
- CAD experience required
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status
- Holds or is actively pursuing an Associate or Bachelors degree in design/manufacturing related field
- Associate degree in design or CAD/CAM-related field
- Experience with tooling design/build a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Attention to detail, quality focus
- Flexibility to changing work assignments
- Ability to work and handle projects with little supervision