Under general direction of a project manager or project director, the CAD Specialist is responsible for engineering project support of AmerisourceBergen Corporation's distribution network and execution of assigned project tasks, including development of 2D facility layouts, requests for proposals, site implementation activities including construction oversight, testing, and issue resolution. Assignments may span one or more projects and can range in size, complexity and cross functional involvement. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Transforms initial distribution facility or Material Handling Equipment concepts into working templates and documents.
- Responsible for drafting requirements, to include development, accuracy and revision control for engineering drawings and designs and as builts.
- Execute engineering change process and controlled document processing.
- Ensure that existing site Material Handling Equipment drawings are up-to-date and accurate.
- Work with Director of Engineering to establish guidelines for maintaining consistency within the department on drafting standards and project achieve processes.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Directors to maintain project files and archives.
- Supports project managers and directors in the development of material handling systems, processes and new build or building renovation projects
- Manages components of the project design and implementation plans according to the guidelines established in the project charter.
- Develop and maintains engineering documentation including standard operating procedures, standard blocks, etc.
- Other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires training and experience in fields such as, drafting, engineering, architecture or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of an associates or bachelors degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience performing engineering tasks in projects related to warehouse operations, warehouse design, warehouse and business systems, process improvement and standardization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate (and work) effectively with people from different technical and business backgrounds, acting as a liaison, understanding and appreciating different perspectives and translating into terms necessary for any group or individual to understand.
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows tactful discretion with difficult/sensitive information.
- Presentation skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency with engineering tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Access databases, Word, and AutoCAD.
- 3D modeling helpful but not required
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, architectural, construction or industrial engineering principals.
- Able to multitask - Capable of simultaneously balancing and accomplishing a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to interact well with others both directly (face-to-face) and remotely within a multi-discipline shared work environment
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.