Job Description: The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service in the Cafe department. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provide excellent customer service in the café area by serving ice cream, yogurt, pastries, baked goods, coffee and various food items to customers, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
- Ensure the appearance of the café is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office.
- Stock and rotate merchandise on shelves and end-caps to ensure freshness.
- Complete new plan-o-grams sent from the corporate office, put up signs to identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down signage when the sale is over.
- Sanitize food preparation stations according to required local, state and federal health and food regulations, ensuring the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
- Adhere to all Company recipes and measurements to ensure superior product presentation and provide top quality coffee and espresso shots for hot and cold beverages.
- Educate customers on our products and services.
- Follow state and federal health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Complete the duties of the Cashier/Clerk when required.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements:
The following qualities are required:
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to work day, evening, or night shift(s).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), No prior experience or training is required.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.