Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This role manages the set-up and processing of acquisition direct mail (DM) campaigns for Discover Personal Loans (DPL) marketing. Specifically, this role manages the broad market (prospect) segments. This role will also help manage the set-up and testing of a lead generation contact strategy through an external email vendor. A strong working knowledge of marketing campaign processing is required, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously is critical.As part of the DM and email campaign process, this role will review and approve data and creative proofs. He/she must ensure accuracy of copy and variable data for DM and email pieces for final print production or email deployment.
The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration and communication skills to work with various internal teams such as marketing analytics, campaign processing and production services in building successful campaigns. Driving process efficiencies, while staying focused on quality and controls is very important. The ideal candidate will have experience managing pre-screen DM campaigns. Experience and technical proficiency to set-up and execute campaign rules and instructions, based on marketing requirements, is important. This position requires strong problem solving skills as well as independent, consultative and analytical decision-making abilities. He/she will be a subject matter expert on DPL campaign management and will work with internal business partners on campaign optimization. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create offer assignment, pricing and creative code for segmentation of marketing campaigns
- Create reports and identify universe shortfalls for the business partners
- Analyze reports for correct execution of marketing segmentation and offer assignment instructions
- Monitor the delivery of campaign files to appropriate systems for response tracking, card member services, and analytics
- Track and resolve issues arising in segmentation, selection and post fulfillment file delivery processes
- Update monthly documentation of campaigns and communicate across the business
- Build relationships with field employees to ensure they are aware of campaign quantities and drop dates
- Own all campaign documentation and ensure it is kept up to date, including milestones, workflow, campaign procedures, change management, campaign process reporting
- Work with Legal, Compliance and Campaign Processing teams to ensure campaigns meet all state, federal, company and direct marketing regulations including but not limited to do not call, do not mail policies as well as credit/marketing eligibility criteria
- Develop and track process improvements and efficiencies to campaign production schedules
- Be the subject matter expert on DPL campaign structure and execution
- Leads/Lead Gen email campaign set-up & execution
- Review data and creative proofs for approval to print production or email deployment
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Minimu m o f 5 year s experienc e i n direct response marketin g wit h stron g understandin g o f marketing campaign s is required. 3+ year s experienc e workin g in lis t management , campaig n management , o r database marketing . Experienc e i n th e financia l service s industry , a s wel l a s knowledg e o f credi t dat a is desired. Works independentl y wit h minima l supervisio n whil e relyin g o n analytica l decisionmaking , consultativ e aptitud e an d professiona l writte n an d verbal skills. P C environmen t experience required experienc e usin g quer y an d reportin g tool s o n a prospec t o r custome r managemen t databas e preferred . Advance d Exce l skills desired
Knowledg e o f marketin g analytics , entr y leve l Unic a a plus We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.