Campus IT Infrastructure is a key part of this function, accountable for End-User and On Site IT services across AstraZeneca. The function is made up of Regional Delivery teams underpinned by a Global Capability group. The Campus IT Infrastructure team will be the representative of IT Infrastructure at AstraZeneca's sites and within Customer-Facing IT service reviews
- The role is overall accountable for delivery of Infrastructure, Operations, Customer Support & Security IT services (Deskside Support, End User devices, on-site services (incl IT engineering), Training, Awareness and Utilization) at a particular site in the Americas.
- Provides people and technical leadership to resources, vendors and IT capabilities delivering Workplace IT services to a particular site.
- Takes ownership of and drives service improvements, provide resource and technical input to IT projects as appropriate
- The role-holder will be knowledgeable and experienced with a broad range of IT Infrastructure technologies and services and have extensive experience with IT service delivery and team leadership.
- The role will work with the Global and Regional Capability teams and will report to the Regional Campus IT Infrastructure Director.
- The candidate must reside and or be willing to relocate to the local area. The role cannot be performed remotely.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Responsible for Site IT Infrastructure Management at a particular large or medium complex site (or sites), providing leadership and a point of accountability for Infrastructure and Operations services.
- Lead a team of IT Specialists and vendors, responsible for the delivery of IT services to agreed Service Levels and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Provide leadership and input to the implementation of Service Improvement Plans. Manage the implementation and monitor progress.
- Work with Regional and Global Campus IT Infrastructure teams to establish and provide a responsive, customer focused IT Infrastructure service at a particular medium complex to large site (or sites).
- Act as a key escalation point for high-priority service level failures, and drive the resolution of issues in line with AstraZeneca business critical priorities working closely with the AZ Operations Center.
- Work with Service Introduction managers to ensure that plans are in place for transitions into service according to agreed standards and procedures
- Manage budgets for the service area and feedback information to IT Financial Management process.
- Liaise with Customer Facing teams to oversee monitoring of customer satisfaction levels and assure that identified issues are addressed - escalating as appropriate.
- Interact with Customer Facing teams to drive the implementation of effective communications with regards to service related matters.
- Ensure internal and external assurance activities are executed, and review outputs
- Ensure that service delivery performance against SLAs is analysed and the data used to benchmark future SLAs
- Work across IT functional boundaries to present a coordinated, consistent service delivery into AZ business areas.
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline, or appropriate equivalent experience
- 10 years+ experience in Service Delivery and processes in a complex, multinational, corporate environment required
- 7+ years of successful experience in leading IT Service Delivery teams and processes in an ITIL based environment
- Critical business knowledge pertaining to site and relevant business areas
- Strong agility and customer service skills
- Experience in managing and developing 3rd party business relationships
- Experience related to the outsourcing industry desirable
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices (including ITIL)
- An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization to build effective working relationships with customers, peers, and external providers in order to ensure delivery
- Experience in team management, conflict resolution / arbitration, team building and coaching
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and execute a strategic plan
- Ability to analyze requests or issues and provide the best possible solution
- Ability to prioritize, re-schedule or adapt to changes
- Ability to communicate both written and orally at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate teams, and maintain high levels of respect customers
- Ability to collaborate across the different technology towers
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
- The role will report to the Campus IT Infrastructure Director North America
- The role could have a small number of direct reports. It could also have other campus managers reporting
- Occasional travel, domestic & international, may be required.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca