supports the mission to "Fight Cancer Together" by giving patients state-of-the-art cancer treatment in a nurturing community setting. Through our network of accredited oncology programs at TriStar Health hospitals in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky, we provide a full range of services for preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. TriStar Health also offers comprehensive rehabilitation services. HCA's TriStar Division
is currently seeking a Cancer Registry Specialist (Full-Time)
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The Cancer Registry Operations Support Specialist provides administrative support to registry operations and cancer program management activities.
- This role provides administrative support to the cancer conference and Oncology Committee meeting activities, and serves as a precursor to the Cancer Registrar I position by incorporating training with practical experience in the following registry functions: case ascertainment, treatment data collection, and follow-up.
- Under direct supervision of the Cancer Data Center Manager, the Cancer Registry Operations Support Specialist is responsible for acquiring a working knowledge of registry data collection and coding standards as they pertain to case ascertainment.
- After proficiency has been demonstrated, the Cancer Registry Operations Support Specialist will then be responsible for identifying reportable cancers, patient follow-up functions, and all meeting preparations and arrangements associated with a facility's oncology program (cancer conferences, Oncology Committee), including attending these meetings.
- The Cancer Registry Operations Support Specialist interacts with various hospital staff, physicians, physicians' office staff, and other health care providers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
License & Certifications:
- Course work in and/or two years experience using medical terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, disease processes and treatment methods.
- Two years of college
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom