Vision Care, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company, is currently recruiting for a Capacity and Scenario Planning Manager located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (“JJVC”) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. Ever since the ACUVUE® Brand transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
This position leads the Strategic and Monthly Capacity Management process for Vision Care global brands, which includes creating, modifying and maintaining short and long term capacity models for these products that span the entire JJVC manufacturing network. Key responsibilities include:
• Managing and updating short medium and long term capacities for over 70 machines across 2 sights utilizing the JONOVA capacity tool. Execute short and the long term capacity plan to facilitate analysis and strategic recommendations to key stakeholders.
• Responsible for aligning MFG, ENG, and Planning project shifts and conversions to optimize capacity for Service, Inventory, Capital Spend and Tax Sourcing.
To that extent, a successful team member develops what-if scenarios, provides upside/downside demand/capacity implications, assesses and validates the model from multiple points of view, and develops recommendations.
The person in this manager role must have the experience required to influence people at different levels of the organization (Platform leaders, GM’s, Finance, etc.).
• Responsible for managing the demand and capacity models in the strategic capacity management tool:
o Update short term capacity model for monthly S&OP’s
o Create new scenario models for new products, network actions, etc.
o Modify existing models
o Execute bi-annual strategic capacity renewal of the JJVC network
• Responsible for preparing short and long term recommendations for new product introductions scenarios, network configuration, inventory analyses, capacity changes in the manufacturing sites and for challenging assumptions/situations according to business needs:
o Obtain and maintain the data to drive the models
o Translate business situations into technical requirements in order to conduct different analyses
o Develop what-if scenarios
o Provide upside/downside capacity/demand implications
o Assess and validate the model from multiple points of view (Service, Inventory, Capital Spend, Network optimization)
o Submits supply plans and FG inventory coverage reports to PLAN management / develops solutions to address potential problems.
o Partners with cross functional team to define Inventory strategy and identify improvement opportunities
o Run and develop charts/reports in the Jonova application
• Collaborate with different people in the organization when developing short and long term capacity plans:
o Influence people at different levels of the organization (GMs, Directors, Plant Mgmt, etc.)
o Challenge these same people, based on the data, facts and analytics, in order to provide the best recommendation for the business using both his/her management and technical skills
o Proactively identify business opportunities related not only to capacity issues in our network, but also to areas such as new product launches and inventory/cycle time management and tax sourcing optimization.
o Conduct risk analyses by partnering with colleagues in other functions of the business
• Performs other related duties as assigned by managementQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, with a discipline in: engineering, logistics, computing, finance, and economics is preferred.
• An advanced degree is preferred
• Green Belt Six Sigma Certifications & Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a logistics, planning and/or manufacturing environment required, with at least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing or planning role within the Medical Devices or highly regulated field required
• Strong analytical skills are required
• Ability to demonstrate successful leadership, SME on planning (preference), and strategic thinking is required
• Uses in-depth knowledge to interpret financial drivers in order to forecast the financial impact of the recommended courses of action is required
• Uses in-depth knowledge of project management tools and practices to manage and lead small to mid-size projects is required
• Demonstrates an understanding of the End to End Supply Chain flow & interdependencies across functions is preferred
• Uses in-depth knowledge of supplier relations to improve business results, including enhanced service, reduced cost, improved quality is preferred
• Innovative and creative problem solving is required Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function