Location: Granville, Ohio - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The OC Capital Delivery Group is accountable for the overall delivery of the OC capital plan on an annual basis. Capital Delivery execution consist of all aspects of completing capital projects from the Statement of Requirements for a project to the strategy of implementation, the detailed design, implementation of all buildings / equipment, and the successful start up of this equipment to the handover to the production personnel. This effort includes the process and equipment design/definition, all while maintaining a stage gate process allowing development for all production lines in the OC manufacturing arena on a worldwide basis. Global operations support, best practice gathering and proliferation are also included in this effort.
This position entails technical and project leadership for all facets of electrical control equipment definition, design, and implementation for Owens Corning's process equipment worldwide. The process equipment in question is used to convert solidified glass strands into a product form(s) suitable for a wide range of customer processes and products that use fiberglass as a reinforcement.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: Senior Engineering Lead, Capital Delivery teamSpan of Control
: Capital Delivery Electrical and Controls design and implementation
Electrical and Controls Design for capital projects
- Development of specifications for procurement and design of Electrical Control Systems
- Development of high level control schemes, along with the detailed software designs required for proper process control
- Development of cost estimates and scopes of work for engineering and capital delivery
- Development of Engineering Scope of Services for outside engineering firms to perform detailed design
Implementation of Electrical and Controls design for capital projects
- Oversight of all aspects of implementation from equipment checkout and debugging to commissioning and successful start up in line with project timelines and costs
- Collaborates appropriately with technical resources to manage implementation successfully
Project Leadership and Collaboration
- Provides leadership to electrical designers and design firms in the development of designs for process equipment including but not limited to hardware selection, drawings, layouts and interface diagrams
- Works effectively with various discipline counterparts on software development for process control along with HMI interfaces
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with considerable mechanical experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5-7 years of controls/electrical project leadership ideally in an industrial environment
- Background and knowledge in TPM methodologies
- Professional Engineer
- Domestic/International project execution
- Foreign language skills (French, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Italian)
About Owens Corning
- Experience with Auto Cad Design Software and other related design packages
- Use and interface of programming of Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley Control Logix controllers and I/O
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs), Allen Bradley Servos controls
- Development of server/workstation and PLC networks used in manufacturing plants
- Proven Project leadership skills
- This role requires extensive travel
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology