PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Members of the Transaction Services practice help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
PwC's Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services advises our clients, primarily Fortune 500 public companies, and large financial institutions such as private equity and hedge funds, in moments of exceptional change around deals, stress and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation. Our main areas of focus include:
- Capital markets such as IPOs, spins, debt raisings and capital structure advice;
- Alliances such as enter/exit JVs, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, etc.;
- Crisis, restructurings and restatements; and,
- Deal strategy and readiness including navigating accounting complexity and change.
We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
With a consulting mindset, we solve our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting matters around deals or other transformational events.
CMAAS employs a team based structure to tackle clients' needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems. We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors. We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: Passed CPA exam. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for Manager in that PwC affiliate firm.
Participate as a thought leader, directing & managing teams with senior CMAAS practitioners and other professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting and financial reporting matters related to deals and other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above. This includes demonstrating an intimate knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies and private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements,
carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
- acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
- restructurings, restatements, bankruptcies; and;
- GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, accounting complexity.
Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success as a thought leader and director in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying intimate know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards, proactively identifying and articulating emerging technical issues
- Effectively applying project management skills to maximize the effectiveness of the project
- Operating at the forefront of emerging industry developments, technology trends and business issues, especially the impact these trends have on the global value chain for clients
- Integrating innovative concepts and solutions into the scope of new work
- Anticipating the impact and implications of decisions on other components of an organization
- Translating highly complex problems into components and actionable research objectives
- Modelling awareness of how to adapt individual working styles to lead effectively a multi-cultural team
- Helping others operate through a lens of global interconnectedness and complex global economic concepts
- Operating in a steady, direct manner that allows the team to know what to expect and what is expected of them
- Demonstrating exceptional judgment and helping teams to maintain perspectives
- Building a respectful environment that maximizes the opportunity for all to learn, promoting empowerment and innovation
- Developing the leadership capabilities of other team members
- Inspiring ethical decision-making, responsible business conduct, and timely completion of all compliance requirements
- Building and sustaining relationships to create exceptional client and people experience
- Demonstrating a variety of communication styles, emphasizing the adoption of an interactive and inclusive style
- Providing a compelling point of view to reach the appropriate outcome and effectively converting opposition into mutual understanding
- Serving as an example for integrity and ethical decision-making in the management of building relationships and developing team members
- Leveraging and expanding internal and external networks to build relationships at executive/senior leadership levels
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.