Position Summary: This role will be responsible for managing and developing relationships with capital markets partners, providing support for exchange-traded products and supporting ETP business development and marketing efforts.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the exchange listing process for Hartford Funds' ETPs
• Responsible for sourcing, selecting and managing all Capital Markets partners (e.g., Listing Exchanges, Lead Market Makers, Authorized Participants, Trading Partners )
• Participate in evaluation and selection of Lead Market Makers (LMMs)
• Recruit Authorized Participants (APs), negotiate AP agreements, manage AP agreement adjustments
• Conduct educational meetings with ETF trading desks across leading market making firms
• Partner with distribution to educate advisors and Broker/Dealer research teams and educate our employees on our products and their tradability
• Develop effective ETP trade execution service model to support large client transactions
• Support regulatory relations with SEC (Division of Trading & Markets)
• Monitor trading activity and liquidity levels for Hartford Funds' ETPs
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required (emphasis in finance, economics, mathematics, or accounting preferred)
• 5 years of business experience in the investment industry
• CIMA and/or CFA designation, or progress towards one preferred
• Detailed working knowledge of capital markets and Exchange-Traded Products
• Previous trading and ETP industry experience
• Familiarity with Bloomberg and Excel required
• Deep established relationships with the market-makers is a must
• Deep understanding of and ability to articulate capital market requirements
• Entrepreneurial attitude - willing to roll up sleeves and work hard
• Ability to partner with resources across the organization to deliver results
• A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex technical information, ideas and concepts
• Work independently as well collaboratively toward team and organizational goals, demonstrate good judgment with excellent follow-through
• Must be able to think strategically, recognize emerging industry and market trends, understand their implications
• Impeccable business values and conduct which promotes mutual trust, honesty, and respect amongst colleagues and external business partners/vendors alike
• Excellent problem-solving, negotiation, analytical and research skills
• Ability to handle confidential material with discretion and good judgment
• Experience supporting creation/redemption activity for ETPs
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $91.5 billion as of June 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD