101 Post Street (61057), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Capital One Growth Ventures - Principal Engineer
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since.
Today we are working hard to lead innovation in the financial services industry. Over the last few years, Capital One has been investing significantly in digital technologies and talent to drive growth.
To support these efforts, Capital One launched Capital One Growth Ventures, which focuses on venture investing, company building, and identifying innovative digital acquisitions. Working closely with Capital One’s business units (Cards, Banking, Financial Services and Commercial) and sitting within Capital One Labs, Capital One Growth Ventures is instrumental in identifying new opportunities in financial technology, payments, big data, security, identity, and other related sectors.
- Able to identify technology trends and startups that C1GV should invest
- Diligence startup technology including leading proof-of-concept projects and providing a comprehensive evaluation of the product offering
- Evaluate architecture, design, technology stack, stability, usability, etc.
- Coordinate with Venture Partners and other relevant resources to disseminate findings and form investment thesis
- Determine operational feasibility of new and emerging technologies (Enterprise SaaS) by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and propose solutions
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to investment team regarding new products, technologies and POCs. The individual should be self-sufficient with demonstrated ability to identify technologies, manage proposals, negotiate and deploy POCs
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and have a sound understanding of services utilized to deploy/install/release those products
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
The Principal Engineer will have:
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Expert proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language
- Proficiency with large scale data analysis tools, such as Hadoop
- The ability to learn quickly across technology areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of Full Stack technical experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise Data Center environments
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of full stack technical experience
- 6+ years of experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments
- 5+ years of experience with large scale data analysis tool, Hadoop
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.