Capital One Investing - Rotational Associate
Just a cool company looking for cool graduates and students. At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the punch of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of customers. We dabble a little in financials too.
But wait, there’s more…
Capital One has an Investing segment ranging from an online self-directed brokerage platform to full service advice—that’s where you come in. We’re looking for the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and WOW customers. We want you to join our dynamic, diverse team to help bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking and deliver a better way for our customers.
This opportunity is the start of your next journey. We’re launching a 2-year program designed to help you drive a challenging and rewarding career by providing the tools necessary in building a strong foundation in Investing. Through classroom, online and on-the-job training, associates in this influential program will learn the ins and outs of Capital One Investing, and be afforded firsthand experience to develop a comprehensive understanding of how our business operates. You’ll see and learn everything from our self-directed option to our hands-on relationship based Advisor business, and our exceptional customer experience. During your two years, you’ll spend time within these dynamic departments: Self Directed Customer Service Team, National Advice Center, Customer Advocacy Team, Trading or Operations. In addition, you’ll receive ongoing mentorship and career development from instrumental leaders across Capital One Investing to aid in progression and accelerate your career.
You’ll focus on:
- Investing’s culture and direction–so impactful you’ll have to radio back to Houston Control Center
- Self Directed vs Full Service
- In-depth knowledge of FINRA regulations, investment products and operational processes
- We’ll help you mind your Ps and Qs with managing risk and compliance
- Understanding of back office processes
- The power of branch and café interactions
- Covering the Xs and Os of Investing’s Business Strategy – down-set-hut!
What you can expect:
- No licenses? No problem! We’ll help you obtain those FINRA licenses and designations
- We run the gamut when it comes to what we offer our customers, so be ready to dive into a no holds arena where we have lots of options for customers and many opportunities for you to spread your influence and grow your career
- Teamwork makes the dream work – that’s right, we want you to be just as invested with your colleagues as you are with your customers. We create a work environment that promotes collaboration and communication, whether it be to exchange success stories and best practices or to have a sounding board to ensure we are giving our customers the best options available.
- Developing strong problem-solving, decision making and leadership skills through special projects and mentorship – every Rocky needs their Mickey Goldmill
This Investing Rotational Program position is a full time role, available in Wilmington, DE.
Whether you recently walked across the stage or are bedazzling your graduation cap to read “Hire Me,” we want to hear from you.
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree or higher between December 2016 through August 2017
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher with a concentration in Finance, Economics or Business
- 1 year customer service experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.