Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®) is the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies. CAPS, a pioneer in the outsourcing of compounded sterile preparations was founded in 1991.
State-licensed and FDA-registered, CAPS pharmacies deliver solutions from more locations than any other national compounder. CAPS provides both custom and standard solutions to hospital and outpatient providers from our 25 locations across the United States. Making over 300,000 local deliveries annually, CAPS pharmacies operate 365 days a year to dispense labeled, patient-specific and anticipatory IV prescriptions to our health system pharmacy customers.
CAPS believes safety is job one. Our goal is to provide the most comprehensive and continuous quality assurance program in the industry. We perform environmental monitoring, regular process validations, and daily process sterility testing as part of our routine Continuous Quality Assessment and Improvement Program.
The CAPS service is focused on the daily admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of CSPs. CAPS uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compound a broad range of patient and non-patient specific CSPs embracing the latest compounding technology, including proprietary software for ordering prescriptions and barcode safety checks for automated and manual compounding processes.
Each CAPS pharmacy is managed by a pharmacist with well-established compounding expertise. These directors manage a team of licensed pharmacists and certified technicians trained on CAPS Standard Operating Procedures. CAPS employs a QA team of chemists, microbiologists, and on-site quality assurance personnel who are accountable independently from the admixture staff. Quality Assurance reports are provided to our clients on a quarterly basis.
Orders are sent via CAPSLink, a web-based proprietary ordering software that can manage both complex and patient-specific prescriptions like Parenteral Nutrition (PN) and anticipatory compounded (AC) non-patient-specific order requests. CAPS ordering system can also interface with your pharmacy management software for convenience and broader custom service options. Pharmacists review orders upon receipt and prepare your order using an automated compounding process and a bar coded manual-add-system (MAS) to verify ingredient accuracy.
CAPS mixes to order so you can be assured your order is freshly compounded and has maximum beyond use dating (BUD) when delivered. CAPS has a variety of delivery options including same day and next day services. Responsibilities Position Summary:
To provide administrative support to Sales Specialists and Sales Managers. Prepare Contracts, Addendums, and Bid Responses. Verify bid/contract paragraphs for compliance with the company's term and conditions of sale. Responsible for the maintenance, research, and implementation of over 900 contracts. Interpret contractual components to ensure proper performance of the contract. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Provide administrative support to CAPS Sales Specialists and CAPS Sales Managers.
- Schedules and monitors activities for CAPS Sales Specialists and CAPS Sales Managers.
- Draft, type, proofread, and edit correspondence, reports, memos, logs, and other forms of internal and external records and communications.
- Maintain customer files
- Prepares monthly starts reports and monthly activity report
- Prepares quarterly Newsletter
- Prepares weekly in and out schedule and issues weekly status report
- Prepares overheads, graphs, and visuals
- Prepares general packets for customers
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Indirect (Follow Up) with Regional Project Leaders and Project Site Coordinators
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Department policies
- Office procedures
- Filing techniques
- Knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Visio)
- Contracting concepts
- Interpret contractual language, PC skills, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, and Visio
- Typing and ten key skills
- Excellent phone and customer service skills
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong decision making, organizational and time management skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and retain extensive knowledge regarding territories, product lines, and accounts
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2-3 years work related experience
- Driver's License
- Frequent travel required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- As assigned by CAPS Project Leader and CAPS QA Director
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- Ability to reach, grasps, stop, pull and perform repetitive motion procedures
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Indoors, cleanroom, working environment limited to a small area, wearing protective cleanroom attire, tolerating controlled temperatures and loud noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.