TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The CAPs Specialist provides crisis intervention and assessment to assist in determining the appropriate level of psychiatric care needed.
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for a CAPS Specialist.
1. Provides crisis intervention via phone and face to face assessment.
2. Conduct assessments to determine most appropriate level of psychiatric care
3. Communicates with physicians, referral sources and other hospital staff in order to obtain care for patients.
4. Refers people to community mental health services as indicated following assessment.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
6. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as requested by manager
7. Adheres to the facilities Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
1. RN or Masters degree in related field with experience
2. 3 years behavioral health experience
3. BLS required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom