Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Job Description The Capture Manager owns the capture strategy and positions the team to win. This person sees the big picture, is prospect focused, understands proposal development, guides the solution, and knows the customer, competitors and products. The Capture Manager works closely with the Proposal Specialist in responding to RFI/RFP/RFQs within the Education & Government line of business, and the Business Development Manager to oversee bid strategies, pricing, teaming and proposal strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Business Development Manager to determine what the potential customer needs in order to fulfill the requirements of the opportunity
• Work with Sales during pre-RFP / deal qualification process to develop/deliver ideal messaging, including all activities related to shaping the RFP
• Support response efforts for all RFI/RFP/RFQs pursued by the Business Development and Proposal staff
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday Professional Services.
• Develop a capture plan in conjunction with team, including win strategy, themes and discriminators, as well as compliant response strategies
• Validate that all required activities occur and are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with the capture plan
• Assess pricing strategy
- Big picture; customer focused, understands proposal development, guides solution development, incorporates teaming strategies, price to win and
competitive strategy development.
- Knowledge of Public Sector procurement or business development required. Capture management, competitive intelligence, business development,
and/or research experience preferred
Experience and Requirements:
- 10 years prior experience in a Professional Services, preferably in an ERP environment
- Experience with large scale bid & proposal pursuit as well as sales strategies
- Must have proven ability to lead complex teams in order to accomplish insightful due diligence of strategic opportunities - strongly prefer experience directly supporting Business Development and capture efforts within the Higher Education or State/Local Government markets
- Significant experience in leading large captures from inception through teaming and proposal development, to include customer requirements mapping and service engagement activities
- Prefer experience working with large solution integrators & deployment partners
- A Bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree is preferred.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.