***$5,000.00 Dollar Sign-On Bonus*** Eligible for 2 year experienced Cath Lab Registered Nurses
Parkland Medical Center
Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians , innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we're proud to provide all the care you need close to home. Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab Full Time Days w/Call Required
Position: Registered Nurse Cath Lab
PRACTICE STANDARDS/ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care.
• Assessment; intervention skills; evaluation; and equipment use/management.
2. Communicates with patients, team members, and management in an accurate, timely manner.
• Talks with, listens to patients/team members; reports pertinent, concise information; documents in a complete, timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ordering; protects confidentiality of patient/colleagues.
3. Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives.
• Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance; collects/integrates data from multiple sources; organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment.
4. Develops and maintains human care relationships.
• Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; recognizes the importance of teamwork among care providers; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients; provides care in ethical and legal manner; refers concerns/issues to appropriate resources.
5. Manages self and resources effectively.
• Acknowledges limits of experience and capability and requests assistance appropriately; identifies learning needs and seeks resources; utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately; maintains clean, orderly environment of care; ensures traffic control in "sensitive areas"; seeks out and accepts feedback.
6. Applies leadership skills.
• Verbalizes scope of practice for self and others; interacts with others in professional manner; manages conflict; delegates and assigns care; coordinates care within multi-disciplinary team.
7. Incorporates teaching in delivery of care with a focus on heath promotion.
• Provides information to patient; assesses for barriers to learning; uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate; provides counseling about health behaviors, supports the preceptor model.
8. Applies knowledge of the patient populations served within unit/area of hire.
• Provides age-specific care; applies knowledge of expected norms in planning care (i.e., VS, lab values, assessment, etc); applies new data to improve care; integrates technical, psychological, social, intellectual, and physical skills.
9. Demonstrates the unit-specific skills required for assigned role and service area. Maintains other required competencies based on high-risk/low-volume/problem-prone areas.
10. Meets Parkland Medical Center standards related to:
• Patient Safety: reports actual or potential medical/health care errors, near-misses or other opportunities to improve patient safety. Participates in safety education, safety, quality and performance improvement initiatives.
• Customer Service/Patient Centered Care: shows genuine concern, respect, and ability to communicate cordially with patients, visitors, physicians, and other employees; is sensitive to customer inconveniences and responds accordingly.
• Confidentiality, compliance, patient/provider rights. Adheres to corporate and professional codes of conduct, Standards of Excellence, HIPAA privacy standards.
• Attendance, punctuality, meetings - Participates in continuing education programs & mandatory education to maintain competence and gain additional skills & documents attendance. Annual absenteeism will not exceed HR standards, attends at least 50% of staff meetings, reads communications.
11. Identifies personal learning needs based on performance, sets goals for the next 12 months. Meets goals established previously.Qualifications: Experience:
Licensure and Certifications:
- Experience in a Cath Lab is required
- New Hampshire State License or Valid Compact State License