Cardiac Cath Lab Tech Full Time
Performs multiple interventional and therapeutic cardiovascular procedures under the direction of the Cardiologist or other specialized physician, including operating cardiovascular and radiographic equipment and sterile field assistance. The technologist will also be responsible for physiologic monitoring (ECG and B/P) and evaluating patient status throughout the procedure.
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. A Level III trauma center, Medical City North Hills is a Primary Stroke Center with disease specific certification for hip, knee, shoulder and cardiac care. Medical City North Hills is the first hospital in the U.S. to have a Cycle 4 Chest Pain Center designation and the first in North Texas to attain Cycle 5 accreditation with PCI and Resuscitation.Qualifications: Education:
- Satisfactory completion of formal training in an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology and able to meet requirements for registry by American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
- ARRT or RCIS required
- Certified in CPR and ACLS
- Available for emergency call-back after normal working hours
- Knowledge of radiographic, physiologic monitoring and other related equipment used in cardiac cath lab.
- Able to adapt and vary work routine as needed and willing to cross train in related job areas.
- Clinically proficient in cath lab procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.