At Parkland Medical Center, our focus is simple - putting Patients First. We have embraced this philosophy by focusing on patient care practices and new technology, keeping patient safety a top priority. At Parkland Medical Center you're going to be treated as an individual, with compassion and care, like one of the family. Our Patients First approach is clear...excellent service, every patient, every time.
Functions as an interdisciplinary team member providing patient assessment/re-assessment, direct patient care and individualized care planning/implementation and oversight of support staff.
• Position Summary: Under direct supervision, Cath Lab Technologist will utilize medical, technical, and secretarial skills to consolidate services and provide support to the patient care team.
• Position Requirements:
• Licensure/Certification/Registration: BCLS, ACLS, RCIS/RCVT/RT or eligible
• Experience: One year cath lab experience.
• Special qualifications: Effectively read, write, and speak fluent English. Good communication skills and hospitality- both oral and written. Computer skills helpful. Must possess the ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
• Degree of Supervision Required: The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
• Ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. Must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience)
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Licensed by the New Hampshire Board of Medicine.
Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) through the American Heart Association.
Education: Entry level Bachelor or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy.
Experience: New graduate may be hired
Special qualifications: Knowledge of the principles and practices of professional occupational therapy and the materials and supplies utilized in the program. Skill in organizing and instructing occupational therapy activities. Ability to interpret prescriptions related to therapy needed. Good interpersonal skills in establishing effective working relations with staff. Ability to communicate instructions and technical information to patients. Some computer skills.
Degree of Supervision Required: General guidance from management, expected to perform most duties independently in accordance with established policy and procedure.
About our employer:
HCA is a provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom