At Rose Medical Center in Denver, we know that our employees, physicians and volunteers are the key to our success of providing top-quality patient care every day.
The Clinical Exercise Physiologist
demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of Cardiac Rehabilitation patients. The position applies scientific principles of conditioning and motivational techniques to design exercise programs for persons with cardiopulmonary and metabolic diseases. The position performs outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services in a basic case management role. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients. The Clinical Exercise Physiologist may be asked to float to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Exercise Physiologist performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center.Qualifications: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Certification, experience, or training equivalent to those specified for "Exercise Specialist" by the American College of Sports Medicine, (ACSM).
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association
- ACLS (AHA) within year of hire.
Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Masters Degree preferred. Experience:
One year experience in cardiac rehabilitation. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Advanced knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, cardiac risk factor and behavioral modification strategies, counseling techniques, and uses of educational programs as applied to cardiovascular rehabilitation services.
- Ability to assess risk of exercise for individual patients, accurately interpret clinical data, and triage medical care as appropriate.
- Leads inpatient and outpatient exercise sessions while formulating and maintaining exercise guidelines for individual patients.
- Conducts exercise sessions including leadership, direction for proper biomechanics, and creativity.
- Ability to develop educational materials and educate patients.
- Knowledge of body composition methods and cardiac monitoring .
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom