Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO Cardiac Sonographer (Echo Tech) Centerpoint Medical Center
features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center
features the following:
Centerpoint Medical Center
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
is currently looking for a Cardiac Sonographer (Echo Tech). Responsibilities:
- The primary role of the cardiac sonographer is to obtain high quality ultrasound images of the heart and related structures, having sufficient skill in the performance of the technique so as to produce complete anatomical and functional information for the cardiologist to interpret.
- The cardiac sonographer must demonstrate competence in the performance of transthoracic (TTE) on the young adult, middle aged adult and geriatric adult populations.
- Pediatric/Congenital experience a plus
- Cardiac sonographers must be competent in performing adult stress (exercise and pharmacologic) and transesophageal (TEE) echocardiographic procedures.
- The sonographer will demonstrate competence and safety with the IV administration of cardiac contrast agents (saline contrast and Perflutren).
- The cardiac sonographer will also demonstrate competency in the use of the transesophageal (TEE) probe high level disinfection.
- Completion of a cardiac sonography program, or an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in an allied health related field preferred.
- Current registration through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) with active status in Adult Echocardiography. For new graduates, must obtain registry within 12 months of registry eligibility date.
- BLS certification
- Two years of work experience which provided an in depth knowledge of generally accepted principles, theories, and practices of cardiac sonography preferred.
- Required Call and Weekend Rotation