Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cardiology & Institutional Specialist to support the Orlando, Florida territory which includes Altamonte Springs to Oviedo to Kissimmee to Clermont, Florida.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Cardiology & Institutional (CVI) Specialist:
- Compliantly achieves sales quota, market share, market share growth, and other business objectives specific to the cardiology, metabolic and institutional market segment with its customers
- Excels in selling and customer development activities including but are not limited to daily calls with stakeholders such as cardiologists, hospitals, specialists, and other sites of establishing long‐term relationships and achieving key metrics.
- Develops thought leaders and leverages the political network to influence contract implementation, protocols and utilization, and to gain access to clinicians.
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills and expertise in cardiology and metabolic therapeutic areas, healthcare landscape, clinical/therapeutic, managed care, and customer using approved/ compliant documentation and tools to meet each stakeholder’s decision-making style and prescribing habits.
- Applies an understanding of institutional core measures, contracts costs, liabilities, and length‐of‐stay to favorably influence external customer decision makers, such as state Medicaid, GPOs, wholesalers, and others.
- Applies reimbursement, formulary, and managed care knowledge to increase access to Janssen products and to gain formulary availability and positioning for products in the institution.
- Develops and applies expertise in business analytics, marketplace, disease state, competitor and clinical; and implements a compliant and efficient local market business plan
- Modifies strategy and shifts resources based on insight of conditions within local market and prioritizes time and resources against highest potential opportunities to maximize outcomes. Proactively addresses competitive threats and emerging opportunities
- Utilizes technology to analyze sales results, track results of activities, update customer account documentation
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external partners developing two‐way lines of communications, and a broad network in which to share all relevant information
- Organizes and completes administrative responsibilities efficiently, including healthcare compliance, expense reports, call reporting, and other assignments by established deadlines.
- Applies a full understanding of healthcare compliance and regulatory guidelines, economic and market trends, reimbursement policies, third‐party payers, hospitals, and federal entities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 5 years direct selling experience in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, other) is required along with documented success in delivering sales results and achieving targets
- Prior experience in selling to Cardiologists, specialists, other related specialty physicians professionals preferred.
- Company awards or participation in management development program preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must reside in the geography or be willing to relocate to it.
- U.S. healthcare industry knowledge, including key stakeholders and delivery of care preferred.
- Ability to independently prioritize and thrive within challenging and dynamic settings is required.
- Full visual acuity is required to operate computer and electronic devices, telephone systems, and drive a vehicle.
- Flexibility to significant travel, including overnight travel, as well as work beyond normal business hours and periodic weekend work is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically, sit at a desk for up to 2 hours, climb stairs, walk quickly from place to place between business interactions, and travel by car or airplane independently is needed to perform accountabilities. Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations
United States-Florida-OrlandoOther Locations
North America-United States-Florida-KissimmeeOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
Selling PharmaceuticalRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.