opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most.
Ours is a hospital deep-rooted in tradition that is patient-focused, faith-based and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It's our promise to you as we strive to carry out the mission of Methodist Healthcare: Serving Humanity to Honor God.
Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare System of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
General Statement of Duties
: Responsible for the coordination, implementation and reporting of process improvement initiatives as well as updating existing processes that serve to enhance patient safety and improve patient outcomes. This coordinator works closely with the HCA-CCMN (Clinical Cardiovascular Management Network) in all job functions. Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates the integration and teamwork of cardiovascular departments for optimal care of patients by promoting and facilitating education and compliance with current Standards of Care and professional guidelines. 2. Coordinates the performance of Cardiovascular service departments to ensure alignment with the mission and values of the company including participation in goals and processes derived from HCA-CCMN initiatives
3. Builds and maintains communication between the COE multidisciplinary team, department directors, managers, hospital administration and physicians to ensure the highest quality of care for patients.
4. Coordinates the planning and implementation of cardiovascular initiatives and process improvements by utilizing current outcomes measurement data and evidence based medicine.
5. Plans, develops and evaluates standards and measurement tools to assess and improve staff and hospital performance in the care and safety of cardiovascular patients.
6. Serves as a resource for cardiovascular process improvements and in the integration of new equipment into cardiovascular patient care.Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree in Nursing and 3 years of experience in nurse management or nursing education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid Texas Registered Nursing License.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom