The Surgical Technician will provide care to patients under the direction of the RN and surgeon in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC.
The Operating Room has twelve operating suites and one cystoscopy room. It provides surgical services, excluding non-emergency C-sections, on an inpatient, as well as outpatient, basis. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork as a member of the OR team.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Uses training and experience to make decisions on behalf of the OR and patient.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit-based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Demonstrates ability to perform CPR.
- Takes call for department as needed.
- May be subject to unscheduled work days and call back to meet the needs of the unit.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from ST training program or LPN program preferred
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- BLS - AHA HeartSaver CPR AED skills required
- LPN Licensure in Georgia required for LPN candidates
- Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom