Care Assure is HCA's commitment to ensuring appropriate follow-up care for patients after discharge from its hospitals.
JOB TITLE: Care Assure Patient Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Care Assure Patient Coordinator is responsible for working with the patients and physician offices to schedule follow up care. S/he facilitates patient follow-up through scheduling, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care. The incumbent guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers. Serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
• Care Assure Coordinators will work closely with Nurse Coordinators to ensure appropriate outpatient follow up
• Receive patient records from Nurse Navigators for identified patients requiring outpatient follow-up by primary care physicians and cardiologists.
• Organize and group patients by individual physician and physician office to facilitate efficient calls with office staff
• Care Assure will manage weekly communication with physician offices
• Create weekly communication schedules to minimize number of calls to physician offices
• Call physician offices to make appointments for appropriate patients and track appointment progress for scheduled patients
• Care Assure Coordinators will communicate with patients to ensure attendance to appointments
• Communicate appointment logistics (i.e., date, time, location)
• Re-schedule appointments that cannot be attended
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources; possesses excellent organizational skills.
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely.
• Judgment - Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
• Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations. Holds a positive working relationships with hospital staff.
• Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties.
• PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applications and others as required.
• Policies and Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• Basic Skills - able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under non-routine conditions and complex situations.
• Collaborates with Care Assure team members and suggests ideas for development.
• Significantly improves specific processes; recommends and facilitates initiatives to improve stakeholder value.
• Drives key business improvements and results.
• Participates as a subject matter expert.
• Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under routine conditions/situations.
• Applies appropriate tools and methods.
• Shares knowledge and information.
• Comply with and actively supports HCA and hospital compliance and ethics programs and activities
• Comply with and actively supports patient safety initiatives
• Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED); Associates degree in business or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of directly related work experience in patient registration, billing or collections in a hospital or physician office setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXAMPLE: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom