OU Children's Hospital Pediatric Surgical Unit Care Team Associate
Night Shifts - Full Time Position General Description:
Under general supervision of a registered nurse, performs routine tasks in patient care. Essential Function/Duties:
Under direct supervision of the RN and in collaboration with the patient and family, systematically and continually monitors the patient's health status a nd implements the plan of care. Carries out physician and nursing orders as directed by the RN.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: *Experience:
- Takes/records blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and weighs patients.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring.
- Monitors intravenous infusions and transfusions as directed by RN.
- S ets up and discontinues telemetry monitor.
- Collects specimens as directed.
- Applies sterile dressings, removal of sutures, staples and/or drains.
- Performs all sterile procedures as assigned.
- Performs stomal irrigation and applies colostomy pouches.
- Performs oral and tracheostomy suctioning.
- Administers tube feedings to patients.
- Takes emergency actions as required.
- Performs all treatments and procedures as defined on initial skills checklist.
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient's condition or behavior to RN.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Keeps the patient's room in clean and orderly condition; makes beds, replaces soiled linen.
- Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
- Duties may be performed for one patient or more than one patient.
- When assigned to one patient, provides care, observes the patient and does not leave the patient alone .
Six (6) months experience in a healthcare setting OR completion of a health related vocational education course of at least 3 months OR completion of the first semester of clinical education in an associate or bachelor's degree program for a health care discipline. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and oral instructions; and to maintain effective working relations with others.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom