Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Operations Processing Analyst Trainee will provide support to multiple business lines/areas and will typically be aligned with a specific business area, division or function. In this role, an incumbent will act as an operational support resource by performing a variety of operational tasks across functional areas. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Through the use of existing, clearly defined procedures and in compliance with regulatory guidelines, incumbents are responsible for operational duties such as performing or processing transactions via State Street or industry technology platforms as well as researching routine or tactical issues through interaction with team members, managers, and other internal groups. Other duties may include:
- Researching client inquiries
- Responding to standard internal client requests
- Identifying and researching problem transactions (i.e., data quality, processing, etc.) to assist in completing and documenting the resolution according to business unit standards. May also assist in communicating the resolution to appropriate parties
- Adhering to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- General interest in the financial services industry, and financial securities language (training to be provided)
- Minimum 20 hour commitment Monday through Friday
- Shifts are 8am - 12pm or 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Proficient with the use of a PC with working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Able to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, reasoning, problem solving, and basic analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills to effectively communicate with internal contacts
- Asks questions, checks for understanding, provides explanation clearly and concisely
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve team goals
- Builds stable and useful working relationships
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.