The Carpenter is responsible for constructing, installing, erecting, and repairing fixtures and structures made from wood and other materials. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Performs the carpentry duties necessary to construct and maintain building woodwork such as bins, counters, shelves, benches, stairs, light gauge steel for walls/partitions, doors, and windows.
* Works/Interprets drawings/diagrams or verbal instructions from lead position and uses a variety of carpentry hand and power tools.
* Repairs high grade articles of furniture such as cabinets, chairs, store fixtures, and office equipment.
* Repairs loose or broken joints.
* Performs the carpentry necessary to cut and shape parts of furniture.
* Operates hand saw, drill press, wood lathe, chisels, planes, sanders and related woodworking equipment.
* Estimates time and material costs on carpentry projects and requisitions new carpentry materials and equipment with approval from lead position.
* Follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work .
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 year of related work experience.
* Preferable employee has completed apprenticeship prior to assuming Carpenter responsibilities.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Ability to prepare, read, interpret, and work from sketches, drawings, plans and blueprints.
* Ability to calculate accurate cost estimates for labor and materials.
* Applies advanced skills appropriate for the position.
* Ability to adapt procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
*Certifications:* A valid driver s license may be required.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.