Carrier Transport Operations
Here at Capital One, we nurture an environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, all guided by our Shared Values, come together to learn from each other and why Capital One is among the “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
As part of a team that takes responsibility for Capital One’s Voice needs, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One’s Networking eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You’ll make a key contribution by providing quality day-to-day operational support for a robust suite of professional voice systems. Championing this creates ample opportunities for your growth in the form of working within cross-functional teams, on a constant stream of new challenges, and alongside other very talented technologists, all of which require you to continually innovate and grow with an evolving set of technologies.
If you’re just looking for “a job”, this probably isn’t the place for you. We don’t do complacency. We stretch the boundaries of the possible. We’re looking for people who are always looking to grow and learn. We are seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Voice Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about Voice, Networking, and all things geeky.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Relentlessly protect our Voice eco-system: identify opportunities and drive service and process improvements, be diligent about Incident/Problem, Change/Release, Security, Risk/Compliance, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and Proactive Monitoring, culmination of which resulting in highly available and resilient systems and services
- Aggressively oversee, maintain and continuously improve complex in bound call center services for routing, delivery, recording using extensive technical knowledge of systems, applications, platforms, network and carrier services.
- Use your winning personality to establish smooth running environments, which are paramount to your success and happiness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with our teams, leaders, customers, stakeholders, vendors, and other teams, solving complex business problems together
- We’re looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams, and regardless of role or level, people with leadership and mentoring skills, freely sharing their knowledge, supporting an agile team environment and mutual growth
- We seek and value talent magnets, creative technologists and change agents
- If you have not figured out yet this place is really running fast and hard. Looking to punch a clock? Turn back. Come here and expect to get things done!!
- You’re fungible, and for that matter, fun!
- Insatiably curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to contribute ideas. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- You’re not intimated by challenges
- You love learning new technologies, working with strong teams and mentoring others
- We’re seeking someone super passionate about their craft, particularly all things Voice and hyper-focused on delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule. Is this you? We invite you to apply
- General understanding of facilities-related components (DS3, DS1, Ethernet)
- Have a strong knowledge of telecommunications in order to trouble shoot problems that may arise during the provisioning process.
- Knowledge of TDM and Ethernet services, SONET, DWDM, IP, and ATM transmission switches, techniques and procedures.
- Own escalations with carriers/LEC as required; keeping internal and external customers informed and providing alternative solutions.
- Negotiate and manage multiple supplier contracts and SLA’s.
- Understand and working knowledge of Carrier/LEC inter--‐company operations and procedures, MSA process and requirements for Carrier/LEC customers, knowledge of service orders; facility orders, circuit orders, FOC,CFA, DLR and ASR’s
- Knowledge of the OSI-Model.
- Utilize provisioning ordering and inventory software (Tango).
- Verify that confirmation and designs are received for the LECs and operating companies in a timely basis.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, analog and digital telecommunications techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of circuit troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of PSTN switching and call flow.
- Experience with managing Avaya, Cisco, NICE systems and carrier toll free services.
- Customer service and/or project management experience a plus.
- Submit, track and document circuit orders to Local Exchange Carriers, using various internal and external systems.
- Proactively manage Milestones and carrier issues to ensure order completion, within established time-sensitive intervals.
- Provide administrative support (taking ownership of follow-up, phone calls, emails, reporting and documentation) for Facility Engineering team.
- Coordinate and manage LEC projects to maximize network efficiencies, decrease circuit cost and correct shared records.
- Knowledge of various provisioning systems including but not limited to ILEC/CLEC/vendor systems.
- Follow up on pending orders via internal and external order management/tracking mechanisms.
- Record provisioning activity for documentation as required.
- Bachelor Degree or Military Experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working in ITIL Framework, Agile methodology or similar operational and project models
- At least 3 years of Telecommunications Carrier Management/Operations experience
- Bachelor Degree in STEMP
- 5+ years of Telecommunications Carrier Management/Operations experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.