An exciting opportunity exists to join Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America as a Case Manager for the Rapid Response Referrals Program (RRRP). IAVA's RRRP is our best in class national referral service with an intensive remote case management component. Since its launch in late 2012, our Case Managers have helped more than 8,000 veterans and family members get on track to meeting their goals through free and confidential support and connections to highest quality resources and benefits.
Our Case Managers will work directly with veterans and their families to understand their needs, provide information and referrals, crisis intervention, and remote case management services. The Case Manager will be based in IAVA's New York City headquarters and report to the RRRP Director.
- Engage in remote case-management via phone and email working with veterans and their families.
- Organize and prioritize daily responsibilities to ensure that clients' needs are met.
- Evaluate clients to identify their strengths, support systems, immediate needs, functional capabilities and needed assistance.
- Provide crisis intervention to individuals and families facing emergencies with food, shelter, medical needs, spousal abuse, mental health and other urgent issues.
- Provide guidance and support for clients with presenting issues adversely affecting their lives (i.e., mental illness, addiction, abuse).
- Conduct benefits screenings to determine eligibility.
- Locate and engage with public agencies on the state and federal level, with other nonprofits, various Veterans Affairs sites and departments to identify employment, supportive and mental health services, housing resources and emergency financial assistance.
- Provide referral services to veterans and family members to connect them with best in class programs, resources and support.
- Maintain exclusively electronic files within our Salesforce CRM and ensure that clients' records are complete, accurate and updated regularly.
- Conduct rigorous follow-up to ensure clients' needs are being met and referrals made are providing quality level of services and support.
- Participate in all required meetings and case conferences.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and necessary training to improve military cultural competencies, general understanding of services and benefits available to veterans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A commitment to IAVA's mission and core values.
Knowledge of the veterans space a plus.
Strong desire and commitment to working with veterans and their families.
Positive attitude and sense of empathy towards veterans.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
Able to set priorities and work independently.
Decisive, analytical and able to follow through on tasks.
Immediate Application Deadline:
Rolling Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. IAVA provides comprehensive health and dental coverage, access to vision benefits, a Flexible Spending Account, Transportation Savings Account and a 403(b) retirement plan, in addition to thirty Paid Time Off days per year. To Apply
: Click Here
to complete our online application. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to IAVA. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
IAVA is an equal opportunity employer; VETERANS OF THE CONFLICTS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.