Blake Medical Center
At Blake Medical Center, our mission is to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our hospital has been offering a wide range of healthcare services to the community for over 40 years ranging from advanced heart procedures like Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Replacement ( TAVR ) to high quality Orthopedic and Spine surgery. Our Trauma Center has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons and our Burn Center (established in 2015) offers both inpatient and outpatient Burn Care Services. July 2016 was a milestone in the history of Blake Medical Center as we welcomed our inaugural class of 15 Internal Medicine Residents to not only our hospital, but to our beautiful community as well. The Graduate Medical Education Program at Blake will be an integral part of our overall services and evidence of our commitment to the education of future healthcare professionals. Our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®. Blake is a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Our employees enjoy access to our campus' 24/7 Fitness Center, ongoing skill development, and frequent opportunities for advancement. An added advantage for our employees with children is "Happy Cubs", our day care facility that is located on-site.
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. We are seeking only the very best nursing talent! Apply online today!
The RN Case Manager provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care, and is discharged to the least restrictive environment.
• They coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care.
• The Case Manager also coordinates the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning.
• They adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.Qualifications:
- RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
- Three years of recent nursing experience in case management within acute care hospital setting preferred
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom