Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called "Advanced Clinicals".
The RN Case Manager provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care, and is discharged to the least restrictive environment.
• They coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care.
• The Case Manager also coordinates the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning.
• They adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.Qualifications:
- RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
- Two years nursing experience in an acute care setting required. Case Management experience preferred
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid