As a member of a multidisciplinary care management team, the nursing case manager is accountable and responsible for coordinating the care and services of selected patient populations.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Comprehensively assesses patient goals: biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, discharge planning needs and financial status.
• Closely monitors patient's progress for changes in medical needs that could effect present and future medical treatment.
• Procures services and serves as advocate on behalf of the patient and family with scarce resources.
• Works closely with third party payers to resolve problems and issues effecting continuity of patient care.
• Coordinates and directs the discharge planning of patients with family members, health care team and the community.
• Reviews admission data within the designated timeframe to determine the suitability of the level of care in accordance with ISD-A criteria and/or established criteria.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing; and
Experience: (3) years clinical nursing experience in an acute care facility.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current license with the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. BLS upon hire.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom