We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
The Medical Center of McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
We have expanded our facilities, remodeled existing patient care areas, recruited top-notch physicians and added sophisticated medical and surgical services to meet the dynamic changes that are taking place in McKinney. We were the first hospital in McKinney to provide comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences, and women's and children's services.
The hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson, and Fannin Counties to receive the Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We also received the prestigious Blue Distinction award for our Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement program from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Medical Center of McKinney is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
McKinney is the only Texas City to crack the Top 10 on Money Magazine 's latest "Best Places to Live in America" list. The magazine named McKinney, TX the second-best place to live in America, in its 100-city list. (20 August 2012.)
Visit our website at http://www.medicalcenterofmckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more.... Registered Nurse - RNCase Manager - PRN
The Case Manager provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
RN or LSW with at least 2 years clinical experience in an acute care environment.
Utilization review or case management background, one year preferred.
Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs desirable as well as working knowledge of community and governmental resources, and knowledge of private payor regulations desirable.
Current licensure as an RN by Texas Board of Nursing; or, current licensure as a LSW by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners. Case Manager certification by case management accreditation board preferred.
On call duties.
About Medical City McKinney:
Medical City McKinney continually strives to be an innovative leader in healthcare by providing quality care in an environment of compassion. Our 260-bed, state-of-the-art facility is composed of two campuses serving the fast-growing Collin County communities including McKinney, Plano, Allen and Frisco.