Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
This position is responsible to complete activities related to cash application within the Accounts Receivable Team.
• Handles high visibility customers and a complex portfolio.
• Prepares reports upon request of management and internal customers.
• Interacts with marketing/sales as appropriate to resolve AR issues.
• Works cross-functionally and/or with multiple entities to identify problems and potential solutions.
• Participates in projects related to AR improvement.
• Handles various assignments, which are broad in nature and require strong analytical thinking to complete.
• Effectively utilizes technology and other tools to accomplish tasks.
• Work with accounting, general ledger with Bolt to Core.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• HS Diploma (or GED) and two or more years of collection/accounting/finance experience; or Associates Degree in business or related field.
• Prior Customer Collections working experience preferred.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, and Excel.
• Proficient with Oracle CORE and Lotus Notes is preferred.
• Six Sigma Knowledge or Experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team player.
• High sense of urgency.
• High level of integrity.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite; Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge/Experience of Excel.
• Time management skills.
• Daily batching of cash receipts and pulling bank statements.
• Resolve complex manual receipts.
• Research unapplied cash and communicate with treasury and banks on research items.
• Collect and prepare live checks from CBS to treasury.
• Support various finance projects as needed.
• Resolve issues with cash postings by working with third party vendor.
• Works with dispute database to report the items that needs to be closed, and off set corresponding entries and sub-ledger.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include optionssuchasour401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected bylaw. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.