**Requisition ID:** 27688BR
**Job Title:** Cash Applications Specialist
**Division:** 3786: North-Central FL Area Cost Ctr
**Location:** 12011: Jacksonville-8619 Western Way
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Cash Application Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate application of payments to customer accounts. In addition, the Cash Application Specialist works closely with customers and/or cash contacts at field divisions, corporate and the lockbox when research of unidentified payments is needed and/or discrepancies arise.
• Posts cash receipts to the correct division, account and invoice timely and accurately.
• Balances daily cash receipt input files to lockbox totals to ensure completeness.
• Assists field personnel in the research of cash related items, including sharing knowledge of system capabilities and coordinating cash transactions.
• Confers with customers on short-paid balances, unidentified payments and possible process enhancements.
• Partners with the team and management by quickly bringing issues to their attention, working to understand the root cause and offering potential solutions.
• May assist in other A/R functions and special projects as time and work load permits.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED (required)
• Minimum of 2 years high volume cash application experience
• Multi-division accounts receivable processing experience
• Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills including ability to perform v-lookups and create pivot tables
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.