Enhances company’s cash flow by expediting the processing of funds received via lockbox, EFT, Wire, and credit card through reconciliation, allocation, training and guidance of insourcing team, onshore process owners and customers. Performs a wide variety of cash application and administrative duties in support of insourced processes and relationships. Assists other accounts receivable coordinators, analysts and managers in fulfilling their responsibilities.
The primary responsibility is to research and resolve the outstanding customer payments that were not cleared during the tier 1 cash application process to the customer AR Invoice. Secondarily they are responsible for improving the quality of customer remittance information to ensure applied to the appropriate company.
- Contact customer, sales, billers and GSSC personnel by phone, email or other sites to obtain, research and improve customer remittance information and resolve misdirected payments
- Update customer account information including MICR Ids
- Coordinate daily workloads
- Address and reconcile all new misdirected payments within 72 hours, continue to work until ownership is changed or item is resolved
- Review and processing of wire / ACH transfer requests and back up for misdirected payments
- Maintains application instruction log and document the steps taken to improve the quality of the remittance
- Process adjustments as instructions are discovered.
- Identify and escalate long-term remittance challenged customers to management
- Performs other related duties and participates on teams and in special projects as assigned.
- Develops and maintains relationships and timely communication with personnel within GSSC, Corporate Treasury, Business Units and vendor contacts