In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company would represent, as of September 30, 2015, approximately 20% of the operating earnings of MetLife and 50% of the operating earnings of MetLife's U.S. Retail Segment. The new company would have approximately $240 billion of total assets with its largest operating company, MetLife USA being one of the largest life insurers in the U.S. with GAAP equity of approx. $12 billion as of September 30, 2015, similar in size to Lincoln Financial.
The new company will be focused on securing clients' financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management.
Reporting to the Model Development Lead, this position is primarily responsible for managing the model development efforts supporting Brighthouse Financial. The individual will support the development and maintenance of the liability hedging model, including identifying, implementing, and documenting ongoing enhancements. In addition, he or she will perform periodic code review and benchmark, scenario, and stress test models and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders. Job Location
United States: North Carolina: Charlotte Alternate Job Location
United States: None Job Description
This Cash Management Analyst reports directly to the Director of Cash Management and is responsible for assisting with all cash management processes at Brighthouse Financial ("BHF"). This includes performing daily cash positioning activities, developing short-term cash flow forecasts, performing forecast vs. actual cash flow variance analysis, and managing interday/intraday credit limits.
This role is responsible for assisting with the following cash management activities:
- Perform daily cash positioning activities, including developing daily cash position, managing daily liquidity, performing prior-day cash position reconciliation, and monitoring bank reporting
- Consolidate and manage short-term cash flow forecast, including forecast vs. actual cash flow variance analysis
- Identify short-term funding requirements and surplus cash available for investments
- Manage interday/intraday credit limits, cash balance bank compensation, and cash credit risk limits
- Perform portfolio allocation activities, including communication of the forecasts to internal stakeholders
- Perform management reporting activities, including analysis required to develop quarterly financial supplement
- Support cash volatility studies in conjunction with Investments
- Provide cash management expertise to business areas to identify and implement opportunities for improved cash management policies and practices ensuring optimal investment of the company's cash flows
- Support audit activities
- Support treasury initiatives
- Performs other related duties as required
- 4+ years of related treasury or finance experience in a public or private company environment
- Knowledge of cash management principles, tools, and techniques
- Understanding of financial theory and applications
- Understanding of the company's products, trading strategies, and market characteristics
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking products, Fed clearing rules, and asset settlement procedures
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Excel modeling and MS PowerPoint
- Analytical, interpersonal, communications, time management, and project management skills
Required Education Business Category
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related field; CCM, CPA, or MBA preferred
- Experience using and/or implementing Treasury Workstation preferred
- Insurance industry inexperience preferred
Finance - Treasury
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.