Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
Cash Management has primary responsibility for visibility, control, governance and reporting of all cash activities across the global Morgan Stanley franchise. Regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, Cash Management comprises c. 85 heads across the globe. Operating in the sense of a true Firm-wide global Utility, Cash Management comprises five core functional business lines to include:
- Liquidity Management (Funding).
- Trade Support & Controls.
- Cash Transaction Services (Disburse).
- Liquidity Risk Operations (LRO).
- Governance & Liquidity Reporting.
The role comprises various key elements to include
* Accurately forecast, efficiently fund, analyze and report on daily currency and legal entity liquidity requirements.
* Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent banks.
* Maintain stakeholder relationship. Emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
* Risk ownership. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a full appreciation and ownership of our risk management agenda.
Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, be alert to changing funding requirements intra-day.
* An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
* Risk management: experience of identifying and mitigating operational risk.
* An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Stakeholder management skills.
* People & process management skills.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.