Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: About Higher Education:
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administration. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Aramark Higher Education is seeking to hire a Cash Room Clerk / Financial Courier to support the business in a variety of roles. This individual will support the cash rooms on campus in collecting money and sales receipts from cashiers and managers at the end of their shifts. The money and accompanying documents are counted and organized and any discrepancies or questionable transitions are noted.
This position will also support the Finance Team in the transportation of internal documents throughout our multiple University of Minnesota locations. In addition, this position with have exposure to Accounts Receivable through collections and conducting follow-up on high risk accounts.
If you are looking for an entry level position in finance and administration, then this job is for you. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive to retail and residential locations each morning on the University of Minnesota campus to drop off internal documents from our main offices and return any on-site documents.
- Review financial documents and deliver to appropriate accounting staff.
- Counts, verifies, and logs sales amounts per cashier
- Prepares money for deposit at the end of each business day
- Keeps accurate records of cashiers picking up or returning money to the vault
- Prepares daily "cash bags," or the money used by cashiers during their shifts
- Performs daily audits of vault funds
- Populates online spreadsheets with cashier sales data
- Track all issues with returned checks, declined credit cards, invalid/rejected internal account strings, and outstanding receivables and follow-up on these at risk accounts
- Resolve issues with the corporate office, various customers, and catering sales coordinators
- Resolve issues and problems independently, as appropriate.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations
- Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Word, and Excel
- Ability to multitask is essential
- Experience cashiering and balancing after daily shift transactions
- Ability to adhere to cash handling policies and standard practice
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lb
- High school diploma required
- 2 years of higher education preferred
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.