Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description POSITION SUMMARY
Provides customer service to public in Retail Sales Outlet. Stocks shelves with product.
Operates cash register. This position is classified as hourly.
Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Inventories incoming product
- Stocks shelves according to set standards
- Maintains proper rotation and freshness of product
- Maintains positive relationships and uses suggestive selling with retail customer
- Operates cash register and accurately records sales receipts
- Checks in stales from routes to ensure accuracy
- Maintains cleanliness of work area
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment,fety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.);
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
LICENSE - None required.
MOBILITY -Must be able to stand for duration of shift (usually 8 hours). Ability to perform lifting, stooping, bending, and reaching motions in stocking product
SENSORY - Ability to operate cash register and required office equipment.
COMMUNICATION - Ability to generate written communication.Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English, and/or another language if required
OTHER -Ability to distinguish color coded equipment, containers, labels, signs, etc. Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written - able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic mathematical skills are required - must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Should be able to work all department shifts
- Basic understanding of cash handling
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
POS System, Calculator, Telephone Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.