Cassandra NoSQL Database Administrator: Candidate will be responsible for managing a multi-node, multi-region clusters hosted in Amazon Cloud (AWS). A Qualified candidate will need to meet the following requirements:
- Five or more years of solid Cassandra DBA experience in managing critical 24/7 applications
- Hands-on experience with Cassandra database hosted on AWS (Amazon Cloud)
- Hands-on experience in monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster.
- Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra, such as the gossip protocol, hinted handoffs, read repairs, Merkle trees.
- Proficiency with writing Cassandra queries, materialized views, counter tables and SASI indexes
- Expert in using the Cassandra tools (e.g. nodetool) for monitoring, repair, backup and restore of Cassandra database systems
- Expert in data structure design and data modeling in Cassandra
- Expert in Cassandra performance tuning for multi-site (multi-datacenter & multi-rack) clusters
- Proven experience with identifying hardware and software related issues.
- A deep understanding of Cassandra design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance.
Additional desired skills not directly related to Cassandra:
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and ongoing operational maintenance of Kafka broker clusters
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and ongoing operational maintenance of Apache Spark Streaming clusters (including Mesos cluster management)
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and ongoing operational maintenance of any other NoSQL database such as MongoDB, Redis, Hive DB, Hadoop HDFS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Three years of progressive experience in the specialty is counted in lieu of every year of education.
- Apache Cassandra Professional Certification
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.