Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover, NJ site has approximately 700 employees. Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers. Our Dover, New Jersey Casting Operation has an immediate need for an Afternoon shift & Midnight Shift Casting Technician. Candidates should be open to work either shift but if only open to one shift in particular, please specify in your cover letter.
Midnight Shift: Monday - Friday (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM), shift starts Sunday evenings at 10:00 PM
Afternoon Shift: Monday - Friday (2:00 PM - 10:00 PM)POSITION OVERVIEW
This position is responsible for pouring the molten metal into the casting molds. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESEENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Arconic's EHS value and policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory EH&S regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job related illness and injuries. (Per employee handbook & applicable policies).
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Melts and pours alloy into refractory molds in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Operates complex vacuum and air melt equipment.
- Generates written reports and maintains department records.
- Inspects refractory molds prior to casting.
- Trains colleagues.
- Notifies supervision or Engineering of problems with molds, equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate English.
- Must be able to work with computers.
- Requires lifting of up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (up to 33% of an 8 hour day) from waist/ knuckle to shoulder/ overhead height.
- Any weights over 70 lbs. require the use of assistive devices and/ second person assist, if and when possible.
- Pushing and pulling tasks performed using a 4 wheeled cart, involves weights up to 300 lbs or more.
- Employee will lift up to 50 lbs. with mold handler tongs, which would be required on the job occasionally.
- Must work in a hot, industrial environment.
- Lifting devices
- Vacuum Casting Units
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of relevant manufacturing work experience.
- Must complete Casting Training Program
- The employee is also required to fulfill the requirements of a Mold Handler due to the nature of the job and the variability that it requires
- Is capable of performing mold inspection function
- Able to communicate well with others
- Must be able to perform basic math skills